ANR (Automatic Network Replenishment) not working??

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am trying to get ANR to work on my dahua NVR (version 4.0) but when I test it by unplugging the NVR and go to replay the video, the SD card from the camera does not replenish the missing video. (cameras are on seperate POE switch)

Is there something that has to be setup on the camera side??

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hmmm, no one seems to use this feature. Not sure if it's because it doesnt work or people just are not aware it exists..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you perform a search on Google with "site:ipcamtalk.com dahua anr" you'll get several results wherein no one can get it to work and complains about poor documentation. That may be why you got little or no response from forum members: either they don't know what it is, that it exists or they cannot get it to work either.

One entry from @Andyh747 might help ==>> ANR Setting Not Working

He states:

"OK quick update in case anyone else struggles with this. Guidance for these settings is never great so hopefully this info will help in future.
The camera was set to record motion and alarm but not continuously. I thought the setting of the ANR time on the NVR would have ensured that the camera recorded that amount but having now thought through the setup this is obviously incorrect. The setting in the NVR is just the time the NVR will download from the camera after the NVR comes back on the network. If you want missing recording and not just motion and alarm events downloaded, you must set the camera internal recording to continuous. Probably obvious to most but took me a while to figure out what was happening.
Anyway hope the above helps someone else."

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you perform a search on Google with "site:ipcamtalk.com dahua anr" you'll get several results wherein no one can get it to work and complains about poor documentation. That may be why you got little or no response from forum members: either they don't know what it is, that it exists or they cannot get it to work either.

One entry from @Andyh747 might help ==>> ANR Setting Not Working

He states:

"OK quick update in case anyone else struggles with this. Guidance for these settings is never great so hopefully this info will help in future.
The camera was set to record motion and alarm but not continuously. I thought the setting of the ANR time on the NVR would have ensured that the camera recorded that amount but having now thought through the setup this is obviously incorrect. The setting in the NVR is just the time the NVR will download from the camera after the NVR comes back on the network. If you want missing recording and not just motion and alarm events downloaded, you must set the camera internal recording to continuous. Probably obvious to most but took me a while to figure out what was happening.
Anyway hope the above helps someone else."
Thanks Tony, I did come accross that thread and even though I hadn't enabled continuous recording at the time. I went ahead and did so , with the same end result.

It seems like this would be such a highly desired feature that they would not let the broken link between the NVR and cams fall through the cracks. I dont use it on my home but Im setting up a wireless AP for some cams in a parking lot and I thought this would be great for if the wireless connection dropped.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy is talking to Dahua about the issue. If they have any useful info I will be sure to update this.

adog35

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, if we could get this to work correctly would be nice.
Z12E LPR camera and ANR does not function correctly.

adog35

n3wb
Reaction score
ANR.JPG
Same issue as others. ANR is enabled. 1800 Seconds.
SD Card installed and formatted.

Rebooted the NVR and ANR fails to replenish the missing time.