AnpViz Model: HC-IPC3445-HS Questions ...

philme2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased this cheap POE IP Camera just to tinker with. I've not used IP cameras before and I have a QNAP NAS with QVR Pro installed on it. I knew I had to purchase a ONVIF compatible IP Camera and that's about all I know.

I plugged in the the Ethernet cable to my POE switch and connected the cable to the camera. A green and blue light lit up on the cameras Ethernet input.

I tried using the software the Amazon seller recommended but 1. the IP Camera came with a username and no password (I assume its admin, admin) 2. The software cannot connect to the IP Camera (the Amazon seller recommended this: cctv top provider {I found it interesting that a security focused company doesn't use https}) 3. In my ASUS router the IP Camera doesn't appear to be connected to the LAN.

I've sent an email to support@anpvizsecurity.com but I'm not too sure I'll get a reply.

I also used Surveillance Station on my QNAP NAS to scan for QNVIF Camera and it found nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought an Anpviz 4MP PTZ dome from Amazon UK which came direct from Anpviz. The small CD had Easytool, Easyvms and P6S Pro doc about their Android and IOS APP. Easytool is also available on download from Anpviz under Download>PS Series IP Systems>EasyTool. This IP setting and configuration software tool runs and works OK under W10. IIRC the "user" was admin, the password not set but I've no idea now what was the original IP. I found Easyvms was useless because windows overlap and don’t work. I couldn't get their Web plugin to work either, perhaps an ActiveX issue (obsolete anyway). Despite Anpviz's claim that my camera was Hikvision friendly, my Hikvision NVR Virtual Host feature didn't work, Anpviz's choice of ports too different from Hikvision's default perhaps.

Anpviz did reply to my emails but I made no progress. Sadly the only firmware available for my camera is what's currently installed.

Despite my camera being currently for sale on Amazon UK, I did not find it featured on their website except in the down load section.

My opinion here of Anpviz, is "so near and yet so far". Many man-hours will have been spent focused on designing, creating and manufacturing my Anpviz camera yet for what?
You pay a few $ or £ for essentially a useless camera, unless used in one specific way. I wonder if in China some small companies can easily buy the component parts from different manufacturers to make up a whole camera for people to sell like Anpviz, Jidetech, Leftek etc. This would explain the poor final delivery of the product to market. They'll never match Hikvision and Dahua.

Last edited:

philme2

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought an Anpviz 4MP PTZ dome from Amazon UK which came direct from Anpviz. The small CD had Easytool, Easyvms and P6S Pro doc about their Android and IOS APP. Easytool is also available on download from Anpviz under Download>PS Series IP Systems>EasyTool. This IP setting and configuration software tool runs and works OK under W10. IIRC the "user" was admin, the password not set but I've no idea now what was the original IP. I found Easyvms was useless because windows overlap and don’t work. I couldn't get their Web plugin to work either, perhaps an ActiveX issue (obsolete anyway). Despite Anpviz's claim that my camera was Hikvision friendly, my Hikvision NVR Virtual Host feature didn't work, Anpviz's choice of ports too different from Hikvision's default perhaps.

Anpviz did reply to my emails but I made no progress. Sadly the only firmware available for my camera is what's currently installed.

Despite my camera being currently for sale on Amazon UK, I did not find it featured on their website except in the download section.

My opinion here of Anpviz, is "so near and yet so far". Many man-hours will have been spent focused on designing, creating and manufacturing my Anpviz camera yet for what?
You pay a few $ or £ for essentially a useless camera, unless used in one specific way. I wonder if in China some small companies can easily buy the component parts from different manufacturers to make up a whole camera for people to sell like Anpviz, Jidetech, Leftek etc. This would explain the poor final delivery of the product to market. They'll never match Hikvision and Dahua.
Thank you for your reply.

I have just requested a refund from Amazon and they have sent me the return address and shipping labels. So at least I'll get my money back :)