Another Bricked DS-2CD2032-I

1fastt2

n3wb
Reaction score
A little back story:

Purchased the camera from Amazon. Got everything up and running smoothly. I was trying to configure the camera to stream through http and could only stream through rstp. The camera came installed with firmware 4.something. I don't remember. I figured I would go to the HIKVision website to obtain the latest firmware and update the camera. I began updating the camera through the web interface. I watched the camera complete the update all the way through to 100%. The camera went into rebooting and stayed there.... After an hour or so I finally closed the interface down to try to connect and nothing.

I used the SADP tool to try to see the camera and was unable to. I tried resetting the camera using the button on the back and nothing. I tried to use the TFTP Auto update tool and could not connect. Nothing happened. (yes I made sure all my IP addresses were correct) I can see the cameras IR leds lit at night so I know the cameras not completely dead but everything I have tried has failed. I have tried 2 different laptops with the TFTP tool running Windows 7 and 8 thinking the OS has something to do with the TFTP toll not working. I'm connecting the camera directly to the laptop using a 4 port TP LINK PoE switch. I spent countless hours searching the web for a solution and I have exhausted all my resources.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1fastt2

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok an update. I finally got the TFTP server to work and transfer the file however it stops on "Completed File" and doesn't complete the update. Now what? I've tried about 6 or 7 different firmware versions and they all do the same thing. I don't need anything custom I honestly would just settle on what the camera came with at this point. I'm pretty much sick of spending hours on this darn thing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok an update. I finally got the TFTP server to work and transfer the file however it stops on "Completed File" and doesn't complete the update. Now what? I've tried about 6 or 7 different firmware versions and they all do the same thing. I don't need anything custom I honestly would just settle on what the camera came with at this point. I'm pretty much sick of spending hours on this darn thing.
Send it back to amazon..why are you wasting your time...buy from seller who has US region product or buy another china unit and dont update...

1fastt2

n3wb
Reaction score
Send it back to amazon..why are you wasting your time...buy from seller who has US region product or buy another china unit and dont update...
Yea its about that time to do that. It's just hard to believe there are so much junk firmware out there for one camera and I can't seem to pick a single one that just gets this damn camera up and working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea its about that time to do that. It's just hard to believe there are so much junk firmware out there for one camera and I can't seem to pick a single one that just gets this damn camera up and working.
Its not about junk firmware. Its really simple.. all china region cameras will have hacked firmware that cannot be upgraded...You need a US region camera..there is a post here with some names of amazon sellers that have US region cams...or you can look at nellys security or user milkisbad, who both sell US region cameras.

1fastt2

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe the word junk was harsh. I did get the camera up and running this afternoon from the help of the forum. Thanks guys!!!

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
lesson learned? Don't update china cameras at all. There hasn't been a firmware update needed for any of them. Help spread the word around to NOT UPDATE CHINA CAMERAS (or buy USA cameras). Think its about time to crack own on people who don't read the forums 1st. Even china has warnings about updating cams.

1fastt2

n3wb
Reaction score
lesson learned? Don't update china cameras at all. There hasn't been a firmware update needed for any of them. Help spread the word around to NOT UPDATE CHINA CAMERAS (or buy USA cameras). Think its about time to crack own on people who don't read the forums 1st. Even china has warnings about updating cams.
Good point. Is there a way to tell if you have a China camera? There was no indication on mine what so ever.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Around the middle of the serial number they have the letters CH if they are chinese.