An unhandled exception occurred 'Error' mess

tim_fran

n3wb
Reaction score
I attempted to install Blue Iris 3 and could not get it to open the program without giving me an 'Error' message (shown below). My computer is an HP Compaq Pro 6305 MT with 8 GB of RAM and an AMD A10-5800B processor running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I am attempting to run a single Foscam FI8910W camera, but have not been able to start setting it up on my desktop computer through Blue Iris yet.

I am running Avast! antivirus software and have included Blue Iris and VLC in the 'Processes to Exclude' and have added BI to Windows Firewall. I have tried the Blue Iris software on my Windows 7 Home laptop and am able to run it from there, but I need to use the laptop remotely to monitor the camera so I need it to get BI running on my desktop computer. I have also searched the Cam-it.org website but could not find anything helpful for this issue.

When I attempt to open the program I get the following error messages:

An unhandled exception occurred at $01DF770A :
EOutOfMemory : Out of Memory
$01DF770A
$01DF7A59
$01DFC96B
$01E53E6D
$01E6202D

An unhandled exception occurred at $01DF625E :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
$01DF625E
$01DF5BB9
$01E6202D

I can look at the camera feed through my local router using Mozilla, Chrome, and Internet Explorer 10, but I am unable to get the Blue Iris program past the above error message. I have tried reinstalling BI with Avast!, Malwarebytes, and Windows Defender disabled, but it still doesn't get past the error message. Ken at BI was unable to help so I am coming to the forum to see if anyone here can help. Any suggestions or tips would be helpful, and appreciated. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
have you tested your ram? If it checks out then i would clean install windows.

tim_fran

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your tip. I will retest my RAM and if that doesn't solve it I will do a clean install of Windows on a test drive. My computer is less than a year old so I didn't think these items would be a problem, but you never know. I will report back in a few days and let you know if it worked.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bad ram can be found in a brand new system. You need to run memtest.

tim_fran

n3wb
Reaction score
Memory tested okay. I found an old hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7 Pro and then Blue Iris. Blue Iris is now up and running, so I have verified that the hardware is okay, however I now have the pleasure of reinstalling all my programs.

Thank you @fenderman, you put me on the right track to a solution! It may have been painful, but it will fix the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem, sometimes you just have to go that route.....another option although tedious would have been to try installing BI in safe mode...there are online instructions for this but I have never tried installing software in safe mode. Most of us are using dedicated systems for BI partly because of the cpu requirements but also so that it stays stable and other programs don't interfere.

tim_fran

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on installing in safe mode, however it didn't work for me. I had to download and run SafeMSI.exe before installing Blue Iris because I was getting an error about Windows installer services not running in safe mode. Once the SafeMSI program was running I was then able to install Blue Iris. The results were the same, I still get the unhandled exception occurred error. The only way for me to get this to run correctly is to reinstall Windows 7 and reinstall all my programs. Thanks for the suggestion, I was hoping it would work for me, but it didn't.

tim_fran

n3wb
Reaction score
I reloaded Windows 7 and all my previous programs and now Blue Iris is working flawlessly. It took some effort, but it was worth it to get BI running.