Amcrest NV4116E-A2 Reboot Loses Cameras and Camera Config.

Pete6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So now my NVR seems to be working now that I have removed the Reolnk Camera. I rebooted the NVR and it lost my camera and most of their passwords. This obviously also affected the ASP app as well.

It did the same thing when I power cycled it. This last was very surprising. I would expect that an NVR would retain all its camera and configuration data through a routine reboot or power loss.

Please note that I did a Reboot and not a Factory Reset.

Why did this happen?

Thanks in advance.
Pete

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reolink attempting to move you to their platform lol.

Pete6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hehe. Not likely now I have installed all these Amcrest cameras. I KNOW that Reolink won't support them at all.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If you leave the camera's completely alone during NEW/ out of the box setup, they will be assigned the NVR's password. If your using a POE Nvr..... which makes life easier.

Pete6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using 12 cameras here. 6 are on the built in PoE ports whilst the others are on my LAN. The NVR does not seem to care. It loses everything. I do not think that this is a battery problem but, I will check it next time I pull it out of the closet where it lives.

I told the NVR not to assign the same passwords to cameras as the NVR but, I could do this if it will fix this problem. I think that I shall have another conversation with the Amcrest help phone line as they are pretty helpful.

This problem manifests whenever the NVR is rebooted (power stays on) or a full power cycle. I must be doing something wrong but II dunno what -- yet.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The settings that go away when the NVR is rebooted:
  • Were they 'saved' when using the NVR's mouse and the NVR's video monitor ?
  • Or were they 'saved' when using a browser on a PC and using the NVR's embedded webGUI?
  • If the latter, what browser are you using?

Pete6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried both methods. I tried on a browser to reboot first. Here I used the IE compatible mode in MS EDGE to access the NVR web interface and I also tried again using the NVR console. The result were the same both times.

There seems not to be a Save configuration option within the NVR. AT least, I cannot find one.

Pete6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just did a reboot from the web console and it came back up exactly as it should. Also I have found the Backup option. It is called Export. I now have a backup file on my NAS where it is safe.