Amcrest IP5M-1190w Event Motion Detection (and Blueiris)

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has any Blueiris user tinkered with an Amcrest IP5M-1190W camera's Event > Smart Motion Detection? I typically just park this camera in one position and only use PT controls when I am looking at something live but today I had a "visitor" that looked like he was checking out my car to rip it off later. Way too weird (yeah cops got a still photo and video of him, his vehicle, and his plate courtesy of BI). I was wondering if I could point the camera at my car in the driveway then would the "Smart Motion Detection" with "Effective object - Human" check would follow someone around the vehicle? Is that how it works? Or do I need to use the Amcrest mobile app? Thanks for the input.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera does not have autotrack capabilities.

Last edited:

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Screen shots from the Web UI for the IP5M-1190W. Still tinkering with it but it appears to have the functionality. Or it just teases me?

Screenshot from 2022-06-16 20-20-28.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-16 20-21-04.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those are fancy words for AI to minimize false triggers lol

And that is too high to get any good shots of a face unless the perp is really stupid....will get some great shots of tops of heads though LOL.

Last edited:

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No idea. I just set the Sensitivity to high and walked around the car but the camera did not follow. Maybe I am invisible?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No idea. I just set the Sensitivity to high and walked around the car but the camera did not follow. Maybe I am invisible?
This camera cannot track. It simply can detect humans for alert/recording purposes.

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems then I'm better off just using BI motion detection and skip the camera features.. Thanks.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Assuming that it works as well as the Dahua equivalent, which it should, then the SMD should at least help give you less falses than the regular BI motion detection.