Amcrest IP4M-1051 series discontinued. Alternative suggestions?

mputtr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I just registered to get some help here. 2 of my IP4M-1051 cameras have recently died due to a brownout in the home. one of them was under warranty, so they replaced it, but the other one is not, so they offer to sell me another camera at a discounted rate. When I checked their site and talked to their sales team, they tell me that the IP4M-1051 series are discontinued and the only option is the lower end IP4M-1041 which has a 90° FOV with slightly better framerates.
I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations on a Pan/Tilt wireless camera that is compatible with Blue Iris? With the way things are, I suspect I will slowly be replacing all these cameras with something else since it seems to me that Amcrest is not interested in updating their products or app (the smart home app hasn't been updated since June and has issues with their notifications waking my phone's screen up completely and no way to notify without waking screen. the View Pro app hasn't been updated since Dec 2020 and has the same exact issue.)
I'm also surprised that their recommendation as an "upgrade" is the IP4M-1041 and looking at their site, it looks like they're not interested in producing any more wireless pan/tilt cameras. I know that Amcrest are simply rebadged Dahuas. I would like to know if there are alternatives I can look at that will work with Blue Iris..

Thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm also surprised that their recommendation as an "upgrade" is the IP4M-1041 and looking at their site, it looks like they're not interested in producing any more wireless pan/tilt cameras. I know that Amcrest are simply rebadged Dahuas. I would like to know if there are alternatives I can look at that will work with Blue Iris..

Thanks!
Welcome @mputtr

The global supply chain has some major problems .. and it will not recovery fully this year, or even next year.

I'm 99% certain Amcrest is happy to sell any camera which they can make a good profit on, and probably there are issues with the supply of those cameras which is forcing them to offer an older model.

mputtr

n3wb
Reaction score
good to know. I was still quite surprised when they insisted that the 1051 is discontinued completely. Even with a shortage, I would have thought that they would still consider keeping the camera on their line up but just make an announcement that the shortage is causing issues with acquiring more products.
Is there any wireless P/T camera out there that has the 120° FOV? I spent a good hour searching various sites and brands and it seems to be oddly uncommon.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
good to know. I was still quite surprised when they insisted that the 1051 is discontinued completely. Even with a shortage, I would have thought that they would still consider keeping the camera on their line up but just make an announcement that the shortage is causing issues with acquiring more products.
Is there any wireless P/T camera out there that has the 120° FOV? I spent a good hour searching various sites and brands and it seems to be oddly uncommon.
Q: Is there any wireless P/T camera out there that has the 120° FOV?

As you can pivot and tilt.. there is less need for a wider FOV .. so I would expect fewer PT cameras will have very wide FOVs

mputtr

n3wb
Reaction score
Q: Is there any wireless P/T camera out there that has the 120° FOV?

As you can pivot and tilt.. there is less need for a wider FOV .. so I would expect fewer PT cameras will have very wide FOVs
i usually have my cameras static but from time to time, I'd like to be able to move it. there are some rooms where I would check directly below the camera on an off chance I'm looking for something but generally all my cameras are static. On that technicality, I guess I COULD live with a non pan/tilt camera but i'm the kind of person that likes that flexibility especially when it's a home camera.
One day I might find a good middle ground and settle with a non P/T camera but for now I really do enjoy being able to move the view as needed.

mputtr

n3wb
Reaction score
amazon shows it in white in stock - would that do or are you pretty much looking for the black 1051?
i'm looking for the white one. I'm in the middle of talking to them for a promo discount (the rma dept offered a discount because my camera was out of warranty).
does anyone here know how much of a discount they usually give? and since the company is in texas, it probably will be sold tax free right? so any discount would be cheaper than amazon i guess..

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these today. Does PTZ and two way audio work in BlueIris? Or do they try to make you use the app? Also was wondering if it has a webserver UI for settings.

mputtr

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these today. Does PTZ and two way audio work in BlueIris? Or do they try to make you use the app? Also was wondering if it has a webserver UI for settings.
not sure about 2 way audio via blueiris but i have IP Cam Viewer Pro on my android phone and speaking through it doesn't work.. but if i use the amcrest view pro app, it sorta kinda works.
the 1051 uses a webserver UI.