Amcrest firmware updates from 12/18/19

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope it's OK to discuss Amcrest here since their cameras are rebranded Dahua. I noticed on 12/18/19 Amcrest updated firmware for their home PTZ cameras such as IP4M-1051, IP2M-841 etc. No changelog available. The version stayed the same, the time stamp changed at the end of the filename. Also an interesting change - in the middle of the file name there was "N", now it is "NP". Does anyone know what's changed? And what's that N vs. NP?

P.S. I think I just answered my last question. I think N stands for NTSC and NP - for NTSC and PAL. I updated one of my cams and PAL showed up in the system settings. It wasn't there before. Does anyone know if there are other changes? I haven't noticed any.

Can anyone briefly explain the meaning of PAL vs. NTSC in the digital world? Depending on the resolution I can choose any frame rate from 1 to 30 fps. What's the point?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
PAL and NTSC is in analog, No meaning in the digital world.
I have upgraded this weekend my 841 and I have noticed, that I don't have to use the plugin to view the feed from it. That is great.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The plugin was gone long ago. In August 2019 or even earlier.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You may be able to flash the latest Dahua firmware on those models, just be aware that you may be flashing at your own risk

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I won't try that. It is working fine and has quite a few features for how cheap it was, I have picked it up for $20 from CL. It is good enough for the garage.