All camera windows change to “No Signal” after several hours/days of uptime.

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Blue iris v5 CPU usages goes to 100% and all camera windows change to “No Signal” after several hours/days of uptime. Restarting machine or force quitting BI from task manager fixes it.

This started happening on v4 so I crossed fingers and updated to v5.3.1.5 but am having same problem.

Version 4 setup ran well as a service with GUI also open for a year before problems started. Am using both UI3 web interface and IOS apps on iPad and iPhone.

19 physical cameras plus 11 duplicates for total of 30 camera windows. All iterations are set for direct to disk recording.

Dedicated windows 10 PC with i9-9900K, 32GB RAM, onboard graphics only. BI CPU usage hovers around 42%. BI MEM usage is 44%. 30,600 kB/s and 1,900 MP/s.

Any ideas where to start? I'd rather not do a clean install if anyone has conquered this issue.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks like a driver problem for Hardware acceleration.
1) does the problem still exists with Hardware acceleration (HA) turned off, Try it , the CPU will go high, but will help define if it is a driver ?
2) is the BI PC headless ?

Screen shots

1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) windows task manager performance, GPU
3) Blue Iris Setting about tab
4) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
5) blue Iris status cameras tab

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After reading Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
0-500 MP/s ----- 3rd-7th gen i5 desktop CPU (4 cores)
500-800 MP/s --- 3rd-7th gen i7 desktop CPU (4 cores + hyperthreading) or 8th-9th gen i5 desktop CPU (6 cores)
800-1100 MP/s -- i7-8700 (6 cores + hyperthreading) or i7-9700 (8 cores) or the K edition of either
1100-1500 MP/s - i9-9900K
1500+ MP/s ----- Then it varies. Choose an HEDT platform and use quad channel memory. For the CPU, pick something near the top of this chart. Of course, you could also choose a different VMS that has lighter system requirements than Blue Iris.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I decided to lower some cameras' frame rates (15 down to 12 or 10) and bit rates (264 to 265, highest down to high). Now running 25,100 kB/s and 1,700 MP/s (down from 30,600 kB/s and 1,900 MP/s). My MOBO is dual channel running two sticks, so short of overclocking RAM, I'm maxed out on memory bandwidth.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This happened after out power outage. After clicking "restart camera" it worked and I have not seen the issue again.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
This happened after out power outage. After clicking "restart camera" it worked and I have not seen the issue again.
I think the issue is why does it not correct itself? So there may have been a real problem but for some reason BI never then ever seems to realise that the cams are back.

I feel a call being logged but I don’t have a way to reproduce the problem so not too sure what will come of it.