Adding newer camera to Hikvision DS-7604NI-SE/P

Gary Scott

n3wb
Reaction score
Please can someone give me some direction, as I am tearing my hair out trying to get a camera installed onto my mothers NVR.

Backstory - I have purchased my mother an old NVR from ebay, the DS-7604NI-SE/P which is an older 4 chan NVR which I think should suit her needs which are to run 3 cameras 24/7.
At the time of purchase, I also bought some Chinese knock-off Chinese 5MP ColorVu cameras, (which are surprisingly good). I have connected these cameras to the NVR without any issue, using ONVIF protocol. They work completely fine.
The NVR has been updated to V2.3.12 160622 which I believe to be the latest.

Now for the third camera, (the issue) we bought an Annke l51dm from Amazon, its a basic camera but should suit the basic requirements.

I cant for the life of me get this camera to work with the NVR.

Things I have tried:
Powering the camera through POE adapter, I can browse the config page, view the camera feed, its all working fine via browser, or via VLC stream on the rtsp feed.
I have set the camera to use H264 encoding only, disabled the H264+ extras, changed to video only @ 720p (to test if it was using an unsupported res). I have set the

I have attempted to use ONVIF protocol, Hikvision, and also setup a custom feed protocol using the parameters within the rtsp stream that works on VLC.
None work, and all state camera is disconnected.
The weird thing is that when set to Hikvision protocol, after a while the camera model, serial, and firmware are shown within the NVR, however it still says the camera is disconnected, and wont show the video stream. -This is the correct model and serial etc, so its certainly communicating.

I have messed around with IP, the camera is using 192.168.254.8 which is within the range set by the NVR, and is within the range that the other cameras are using.
I have set it to DHCP, set it to static @ above address, as well as others.

Please can anyone suggest something more to try, I feel like I have exhausted all options!