AAC codec not recording sound

aralos1999

n3wb
Reaction score
I was using Blue Iris version 5.3.6.7 and I have live audio sound and sound in 24x7 recording with the Ezviz DB1 doorbell. The only audio codec available in DB1 is AAC. All is well until I upgraded to 5.3.8.x. Now I have no sound from the DB1 at all in Blue Iris , even though the live stream and 24x7 recording is showing the audio icon, just no actual sound. I have a newer Hikvision camera that I can switch between different codec, including AAC. I got sound in mp3, u-law, but once again no sound in AAC. The live stream sound is working fine using Ezviz Android app and also in VLC, just not in Blue Iris. I am at a lost as to what may be happening? Any suggestion is appreciated?

aralos1999

n3wb
Reaction score
Email BI support.
I did. No reply from BI tech support yet. I rolled back to the 5.3.6.x version and all is well again. This is only affecting anyone using the AAC codec for audio. Unfortunately that is the only available audio codec for the Ezviz DB1 doorbell!

Harrison

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here. Have 2 DB-1's and recently noticed they stopped audio but works in the app but not in blueiris.
I emailed support about 2 weeks ago for an unrelated question and each reply from them took about 3 days or so.
Please let me know what they say... I will probably revert back to the version you suggested in the meantime, thanks.

aralos1999

n3wb
Reaction score
Have a look in the video tab for the DB1 in BI and try the "RTSP alternate decoder" in the audio dropdown.

Andy
I can confirm that switching audio to RTSP alternate AAC decoder worked and I have audio from the DB1 in BI again.

Thanks Andy.