A lot of condensation on Laview LV-PB3040W bullet cam

protocol57

n3wb
Reaction score
So recently after a couple rainy fall days I saw some excessive moisture/condensation in my LV-PB3040W (2MP) cam. If I understand correctly, these are rebranded hikvisions, though I'm not sure which hikvision model exactly.

I had noticed some ("normal") temporary condensation before, during specially humid summer days, but this time it was quite a lot more, and with some big water drops:
I went ahead and pulled down the camera, took it inside, and used a hair dryer to warm it up/dry it up.

I decided to open the camera, inspected it, and cleaned and applied some rainX to glass, and put a bit loc-tite to the threads of the screw that hold together the camera and made sure the rubber gasket was ok and fit tight.

I wonder if perhaps the water/moisture was getting in from the screws. Note that this was a brand new camera, never had been opened before in the 6 months it's been operational. Could the excessive moisture have been due to a bad factory seal? Or possibly my installation position/angle, etc?

None of the other similar outdoor cameras seem to have the same issue, and they're just as exposed to rain. Anyone have experience with this issue?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So recently after a couple rainy fall days I saw some excessive moisture/condensation in my LV-PB3040W (2MP) cam. If I understand correctly, these are rebranded hikvisions, though I'm not sure which hikvision model exactly.

I had noticed some ("normal") temporary condensation before, during specially humid summer days, but this time it was quite a lot more, and with some big water drops:
I went ahead and pulled down the camera, took it inside, and used a hair dryer to warm it up/dry it up.

I decided to open the camera, inspected it, and cleaned and applied some rainX to glass, and put a bit loc-tite to the threads of the screw that hold together the camera and made sure the rubber gasket was ok and fit tight.

I wonder if perhaps the water/moisture was getting in from the screws. Note that this was a brand new camera, never had been opened before in the 6 months it's been operational. Could the excessive moisture have been due to a bad factory seal? Or possibly my installation position/angle, etc?

None of the other similar outdoor cameras seem to have the same issue, and they're just as exposed to rain. Anyone have experience with this issue?
very well could of been one of several things.
Screws were not tightened properly at the factory.
Seal was not properly seated.
No desiccant packs installed in cam at factory.

protocol57

n3wb
Reaction score
...Seal was not properly seated.
No desiccant packs installed in cam at factory.
Yeah the camera seemed 100% well put together, and the screws seemed quite tight when I opened the whole housing up. So it beats me...
There was a single desiccant pack in there, clear plastic baggie with yellow/orange granules... and speaking of which, does one have to replace those desiccant packs are a while??