8MP bullet Cameras

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A few days ago I received an order of DS-2CD2385FWD-i Turret cameras however bullet cameras would better suit the location of two of the areas. I have been looking around at the different models and I'm having difficulty finding out the difference between DS-2CD2083G0-i and DS-2CD2085FWD-i. I'm not sure if the 2083 is an upgraded version or what differences there are as they both seem to have all the same specs.

Here is a link to the model in reference.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bullets do tend to attract more spiders, but they have a 50 and 80 meter range vs a 30 meter range for the turret. So it depends on what your particular application requires.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
At my house bullet cameras work out just fine. The spiders are a minimal problem. However I live in Southern California.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bullets do tend to attract more spiders, but they have a 50 and 80 meter range vs a 30 meter range for the turret. So it depends on what your particular application requires.
Are you speaking of IR range? If so, looking at the specs for all the cam models the OP mentioned, I see all three have an IR range of 30 meters.
If that is insufficient, 1 or more strategically located and properly sized IR illuminators (not my link) could solve that.

Last edited:

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes I was taking IR range. I avoid separate IR since wife wants minimal hardware.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I was taking IR range. I avoid separate IR since wife wants minimal hardware.
I understand your need for compliance with WAF (happy wife, happy life) but was trying to offer the OP options in case he was unaware of such.