5441F-AS-E2 (aka Boobie cam) - Front door camera - 2.8 mm or 3.6 mm?

Virga

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Working on increasing the number of cameras, as well as types of cameras (as many of us are doing these days).
Ready for a two-lens 5441F-AS-E2 (aka Boobie cam) front door camera, which will also serve as a face-level Identify camera as people walk up six steps to reach the front door six feet beyond steps.
Request input on reasoning to help determine whether to go with a 2.8 mm lens or 3.6 mm lens.
Edit/update:
I ordered the 3.6 mm, in part because I'll have at least one other camera looking at the front door from another angle.
Having the FOV filled with more of the object is solid reasoning.
Great input here.
I am at early stages of cameras deployment, and still on test rigs.
@CanCuba - nice work, will come back to it in the future.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I like objects in the field of view larger so I usually go for the higher focal length

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Working on increasing the number of cameras, as well as types of cameras (as many of us are doing these days).
Ready for a two-lens 5441F-AS-E2 (aka Boobie cam) front door camera, which will also serve as a face-level Identify camera as people walk up six steps to reach the front door six feet beyond steps.
Request input on reasoning to help determine whether to go with a 2.8 mm lens or 3.6 mm lens.
I will be installing my BoobieCam in the next few weeks. It will be between the front door of the house and the gate from the street. The walkway is the perfect pinch point.

I have a thread where I worked out the focal length for lenses. The door side will get a 6mm lens and the gate side 8mm. This camera will be doing face capture 24/7 of everyone entering and leaving the property.

The lens calculator I used in the thread I find to be very useful.