5231ZE cannot read license plate even in day time.

roycantos

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Bought 5231 from Andy. I put the cam at 7 feet, and the car is just 7 meters away from camera but I cannot read the license plate.

I have the hated reolink 511, and i can read the license plate.

Guys, can you check the attached picture if my 5231 is ok... seems blurred and out of focus

Thanks

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree with @awsum140 you need to post better images.

That said, from the snapshot youre trying to do too many things with one camera. If you want License plate recognition, you need to focus the camera on the street, not try to cover the drive and the street at the same time. You need two cameras.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to see plates at night also, you'll need a dedicated LPR cam. See the LPR section of the forum.
@roycantos, this ^^^ is important.

To see plates at night, you'll have to make some pretty big settings changes on the camera (i.e. reallllly increase the shutter speed, etc). These changes will make it a lot more likely the camera will see plates at night, but the side effect is that the camera will pretty much only be able to see plates at night. Just about everything else will be too dark and not show up well in the image. This is one of the reasons why folks recommend dedicating a camera for the purpose of capturing plates and nothing else.