5.6.0 - August 16, 2022

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.6.0 - August 16, 2022
Algorithms for AI “static object detection” have been rewritten to prevent fewer false static
inferences when a new object is actually in motion. Static objects are now saved to
the .DAT files for comparative analysis. Additionally, images which were captured but not
completely analyzed by the AI are now marked with the “cancelled” symbol in the .DAT file.

Many database manipulation functions have been rewritten to allow for records to be
inserted rather than strictly appended as was previously required. This allows for new
clipboard items to be shown on the All Clips list and to appear on the timeline and arranged
by content date rather than by clipboard creation date. It’s also possible to move a clipboard
item into the alerts list, providing a way to create an ad-hoc alert after the fact.

Alert JPEG and DAT files are no longer renamed when the alert is finalized. Instead, the
metadata that was previously added to the filename is now saved as EXIF data within the
JPEG file. The changing filename was always challenging for scripting and actions that
relied on &ALERT_PATH.

A new camera status “bell” icon replaces the trigger icon once an alert is confirmed. This
helps to emphasize the difference between the “triggered” and “alerted” states—not all
triggers become alerts based on filters and AI analysis.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just emailed support.... I have all but 1 camera recording 24/7 and this is what my timeline looks like after upgrading to 5.6.0:

1660766707724.png

Playing clips, they appear to all be there.... Close to 8pm is when I installed 5.6.0....

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Similar I had all FLAGS disappear for numerous cameras via the GUI. The footage and FLAGS were still there as I could see them in the iOS Mobile Application. Was very easy to roll-back,
I tried 5.6.0.1 also has the issue, in addition the GUI is non-responsive, so rolled-back will advise support.

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there something screwy about the 5.6.0.x release? Inside BI, I go into settings and click "Check for News and Updates", and it claims the latest update available is 5.5.9.6 (8/1/2022). However, under the "Another available previous update", I see 5.6.0.1 (8/16/2022). It also claims my software is up-to-date.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there something screwy about the 5.6.0.x release? Inside BI, I go into settings and click "Check for News and Updates", and it claims the latest update available is 5.5.9.6 (8/1/2022). However, under the "Another available previous update", I see 5.6.0.1 (8/16/2022). It also claims my software is up-to-date.
As you can see above. Yes.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After talking to Support a Repair/Regenerate fixed the timeline but it started doing it again, he said he would do more work to replicate the issue tomorrow. I reverted back to 5.5.9.6 and did another Repair/Regenerate to clear the timeline up again.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Just emailed support.... I have all but 1 camera recording 24/7 and this is what my timeline looks like after upgrading to 5.6.0:

View attachment 136974

Playing clips, they appear to all be there.... Close to 8pm is when I installed 5.6.0....
Could be why I am not seeing this issue as I never use the timeline, but I just turned it on and it appears to look right on mine. I do not have a color set for every cam though, just for different groups, which are just 2.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 201214.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thought I would test 5.6.0.1. Initial issue I saw was UI3 wouldn't connect. Anyone else see this?
Rolled back to 5.5.9.6 and the issue was resolved.

1660847406686.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I would test 5.6.0.1. Initial issue I saw was UI3 wouldn't connect. Anyone else see this?
Rolled back to 5.5.9.6 and the issue was resolved.

View attachment 137064
I haven't seen that one before. Seems to be failing during the login/session check. Blue Iris does not use a proper JSON encoder so it is easy for Ken to make mistakes when having Blue Iris write the JSON markup that is used to send data to web clients. Sometimes it is just a typo in the Blue Iris code, but sometimes an unexpected user input somewhere (like in a user name) can cause an issue like that.

If that continues after the next update or two, you should send me a direct message and we'll figure out where exactly the problem is in the markup.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @bp2008. The same thing happens on multiple computers in my home as well as the iOS app. The BI log doesn't shed any light at all.

bjohnrini

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I seem to have lost all my clips/alerts after upgrading. Tried rolling back versions, regenerating the DB. No luck.
Any pointers?

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just emailed support.... I have all but 1 camera recording 24/7 and this is what
I seem to have lost all my clips/alerts after upgrading. Tried rolling back versions, regenerating the DB. No luck.
Any pointers?
After upgrade I noticed that my alert clips for today disappeared. A simple DB compact did the trick and everything was restored.

xyzoone

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have the same issue with my timeline not showing my recordings after upgrading to 5.6
It happens in the BI application as well on the UI3...

This is how the timeline looked before the upgrade to 5.6.x.x
normal.png

and this is after the actual upgrade to 5.6.x.x
error.png

And yes, I already tried "compact/repair" as well as "repair/regenerate" the database and I even deleted the "db"-folder completely and let BI regenerate a new db.

The error stays :-(

Any ideas?

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ken does know about it but it doesn't hurt to email so he knows it's more than just one or two users. When I talked to him last he was looking into it, the repair/regenerate fixed it for me, but it starts doing it again. All records are there regardless of what the timeline says.

xyzoone

n3wb
Reaction score
Ken does know about it but it doesn't hurt to email so he knows it's more than just one or two users. When I talked to him last he was looking into it, the repair/regenerate fixed it for me, but it starts doing it again. All records are there regardless of what the timeline says.
Thanks for that notice... will do that right away!