5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What happens if you select Auto Start/Stop with Blue Iris? On my setup, selecting this ungreys some of the options.
I wish it changes, but it doesn't. I should have uploaded a video recording of capturing my screen to prove it

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@actran @biggen @Tusabrat

I swear that I did reboot the whole windows PC twice, 1st time, after finished upgrading to BI v5.6.2.3
(Totally uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh BI, then importing the backup registry file)
and then 2nd time, after finishing the installation of the CPAi v1.6.5 beta.

I still could not get rid of the grey option: Use customer model folder.
Still cannot check or uncheck this option.

I was tired of trying, I decided to leave it as it is, and shut down the PC and took a break,
Probably the PC was telling me that he needed to take a break as well. :lol::winktongue:

The next morning, when I booted my PC, lo and behold. The option of using: Use custom model folder == not more grey out
Finally !

So I don't know what causes the delay of not allowing to change the setting. Maybe it has to be rebooted a few times to really be
effective.

Thank you, guys!
2022-10-04_14-30-34.jpg
Question: if I want to use my Nvidia GPU, I need to enable CUDA ?

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the proper way to upgrade CodeProject.Ai?

A Option
Stop the service by pressing the STOP NOW button in BI Ai tab
Wait for the turning circle to disappear, then next, proceed to uninstall CPAi in windows?
Run the latest version of CPAi windows installer.

This method of installation take about 25mins to complete.

OR

B Option
Stop the service by pressing the STOP now button in BI Ai tab.
Wait for the turning circle to disappear, then next proceed to install on top of the existing software
by running the lastest version of CPAi window installer?

Would this option will be faster way of installing CPAi compares to A Option?

Thank you.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am just sharing a summary of the Blue Iris configuration and the tweaking of CodeProject.AI.

If you like to improve the tweaking please share your input & state your reason.
I will change it accordingly and let others know the settings.

Configuration is based on Intel build-in hardware acceleration (igpu) using Blue Iris v5.6.2.3 & CodeProject.AI v1.6.6 Beta (latest)

Thank you.

Edit: 04-10-2022 Refer to 2nd pic bottom, 6) Mark as vehicle: Leave it as default (car, truck, bus, vehicle)

Blue Irsis v5.6.X.X + CodeProject.Ai v1.6.6 Beta Configuration1.jpg

Blue Irsis v5.6.2.3 + CodeProject.Ai v1.6.6 Beta Configuration2.jpg

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is the proper way to upgrade CodeProject.Ai?
You only need to uninstall if you are running version 1.5.0 (or below). For newer versions just run the installer and then reboot your machine. You shouldn’t have to stop the service before installing.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Like I stated in an earlier post, it works if I run it manually on a snapshot through the codeproject interface but for some reason if I configure BI to run USPS and Delivery it shows up in the .dat file that it is running but nothing is found. I can run the exact snapshot manually and it will find USPS or other delivery logos it has me kind of stumped. It is not showing any errors either. The config is a direct transfer over from Deepstack with the same camera and location that was working flawlessly before. Might be a config issue with BI I am not sure
I haven't had very good results on mine when the USPS truck comes by with their door open like in your photo, I guess it partially obscures the logo, however I see it is detecting it ok in your tests.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am just sharing a summary of the Blue Iris configuration and the tweaking of CodeProject.AI.

If you like to improve the tweaking please share your input & state your reason.
I will change it accordingly and let others know the settings.

Configuration is based on Intel build-in hardware acceleration (igpu) using Blue Iris v5.6.2.3 & CodeProject.AI v1.6.6 Beta (latest)

Thank you.

View attachment 141558

View attachment 141559
This is great the only change I recommend is removing person from Mark as vehicle because Blue Iris already marks person as a person.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. It also seems to need user input for the install. I have to click return and even manually close some of the console windows that pop up as they seem to hang during the install run. Seems a bit bloated.

It is beta and the pace of improvements are great however.
It appears to hang...be patient and it will install without any user input. I do not recommend ever closing the install windows.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You only need to uninstall if you are running version 1.5.0 (or below). For newer versions just run the installer and then reboot your machine. You shouldn’t have to stop the service before installing.
Just to confirm, if I have old version of CPAI v1.6.X.X and I like to update to new version, say v1.6.1.3,
I can just run the latest version of CPAI windows(i.e: v1.6.1.3) installer and I will be fine, right?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just to confirm, if I have old version of CPAI v1.6.X.X and I like to update to new version, say v1.6.1.3,
I can just run the latest version of CPAI windows(i.e: v1.6.1.3) installer and I will be fine, right?
Yep

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
It appears to hang...be patient and it will install without any user input. I do not recommend ever closing the install windows.
I've waited up to 15 minutes. Closing on of the console window after this time gets it moving right along for me. It's only one window that I have to close. I'll screenshot it next time. Other windows seem to need a "enter" push to get them moving.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've waited up to 15 minutes. Closing on of the console window after this time gets it moving right along for me. It's only one window that I have to close. I'll screenshot it next time. Other windows seem to need a "enter" push to get them moving.
When the window popup are accepting to run as administrator?

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@MikeLud1

This modification is not necessary, right?
At the moment, I am using CPAI v1.6.6.6 beta, viewing inside the content of the file: modulesetting.json
I cannot find the word: resolution

To improve accuracy you can make the below change to the modulesettings.json. Also you should uncheck Use main stream if available, having it check does not improve accuracy it only slows down the detection.

View attachment 141052
View attachment 141051
View attachment 141053

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
This is great the only change I recommend is removing person from Mark as vehicle because Blue Iris already marks person as a person.
I gather that if we are not using alpr then nothing is really needed in mark as vehicle. I have never bothered to delete vehicles in that area, does it slow things down or is there any benefit to deleting these from mark as vehicle?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1

This modification is not necessary, right?
At the moment, I am using CPAI v1.6.6.6 beta, viewing inside the content of the file: modulesetting.json
I cannot find the word: resolution
The modification is not necessary with the latest version.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So, I can just leave it as default settings: car, truck, bus, vehicle ?

View attachment 141564
My understanding of the "Mark as vehicle" box is that it does absolutely nothing if you are not sending the analysis out to a third-party company for further refinements (ALPR, etc..). Therefore, for most people it can be left blank, and for self-contained installations it will have no affect filled or unfilled. Try it....

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My understanding of the "Mark as vehicle" box is that it does absolutely nothing if you are not sending the analysis out to a third-party company for further refinements (ALPR, etc..). Therefore, for most people it can be left blank, and for self-contained installations it will have no affect filled or unfilled. Try it....
It will add the car icon to the alert like below
1664891363025.png