5.5.5 - February 2, 2022

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.5.5 - February 2, 2022
Remote Management has received some long-awaited updates. Use of Remote Management
is no longer mutually exclusive with use of the local console. It’s also no longer necessary
to run as a service, and multiple remote consoles may be connected simultaneously.
The new /time/ interface for timeline playback via Remote Management will be expanded
for use in UI3 and the phone client apps

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Somebody had a question about " no longer necessary to run as a service". Is that in regard to use of Remote management, or just in General? thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Somebody had a question about " no longer necessary to run as a service". Is that in regard to use of Remote management, or just in General? thx
For remote management. It was never necessary to run as a service unless you wanted to run as a service...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I tested it briefly and noticed that I couldn't click on a camera in UI3 and have it display full screen. Rolled back to the latest stable release and it worked as expected. Curious to see if others experience this. I'll be submitting this to Ken.

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tested it briefly and noticed that I couldn't click on a camera in UI3 and have it display full screen. Rolled back to the latest stable release and it worked as expected. Curious to see if others experience this. I'll be submitting this to Ken.
Clicking on a camera in UI3 and getting the full screen display here.....

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here are some changes I've found in the help PDF for v5.5.5.0...

Page 104 ...
[Added]
The pre-trigger video buffer applies only to when triggered [or when alerted] recording.

Page 105...
[Added]
[If your camera is configured to supply both a main stream and a sub stream and you are also
configured to record direct-to-disc in the default BVR file format, by default the Record
dual-streams if available option will cause both of these streams to be saved to the file.
Uncheck this option to save only the main stream. As the sub stream is used for motion
detection and it requires minimal bandwidth, it’s advised that you retain this option
selected for tuning and flexible playback.]

Page 220...
[Added]

[/time/{group-name}. Pull a timeline playback stream. The following options are available:
w viewport width
h viewport height
n playback speed fractional numerator
d playback speed fractional denominator (&n=1&d=1 for normal playback)
pos playback time in milliseconds since January 1, 1970
jpeg return a single JPEG image instead of a stream]

[/time/set. Change parameters for current /time/ stream. The following options are available:
sel change camera selection: sel={cam-short-name}
pos playback time in milliseconds since January 1, 1970
n, d change the playback speed]

Page 224...
[Added]
/admin?macro=x&text={text} Set macro number x=1-99[9] to value {text}

Regarding macros...
In version 5.5.4.5 Ken also improved the handling of macros pointed to files, like these...
1643906612376.png

Previously I could not use high-numbered macros (100-999 ) pointed to files in video overlays. Now I can.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried 5.5.5.0 last evening and it crashed as soon as it loaded. I had to be really fast on the trigger finger to shut off DS and "run as a service" so I could try to drop back a version through the console. It took downloading and running the previous executable to get things going again. Reverted back to 5.5.4.7 and all is normal again. I also dropped a note to BI support describing, in detail, what happened. CPU and memory would max out almost instantly, 100% and 100% and that's with 32GB of RAM in the machine. The only other things running are NetTime and BI Tools.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I did Pull the latest copy, What I noticed so far is the blue bar at the bottom is missing when I click individual cameras... Anyone else ??

1643931854569.png

I did report this to BI team earlier today.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did Pull the latest copy, What I noticed so far is the blue bar at the bottom is missing when I click individual cameras... Anyone else ??

View attachment 117643

I did report this to BI team earlier today.
Same here. Also, when clicking the viewer "X" top right of window, it exits BI altogether. Workaround is, right-click on viewer and then select Exit.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had this issue on and off a few times in the last few versions of BI - a bit of mad clicking around selecting different cameras/clips sorted it each time.
Interesting, Did try that and mine is still showing empty / black..

Same here. Also, when clicking the viewer "X" top right of window, it exits BI altogether. Workaround is, right-click on viewer and then select Exit.
I just pulled the latest copy from this morning, It is still not fixed seems like .. At-least the black bar portion.. And if I do go back to the last known good stable condition than the issue is no longer there. So I am hoping Blueiris is still working out some bugs..

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting, Did try that and mine is still showing empty / black..
I just pulled the latest copy from this morning, It is still not fixed seems like .. At-least the black bar portion.. And if I do go back to the last known good stable condition than the issue is no longer there. So I am hoping Blueiris is still working out some bugs..
I've uploaded to 5.5.5.2 and weirdly, I have the blue bar for "All cameras" and only one of my groups has a blue bar, all the others are black.

This is now rectified.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've uploaded to 5.5.5.2 ...snip...
This is now rectified.
Oops, I spoke too soon, it's still a problem when opening a camera in full screen playback mode, The workaround, right-click on screen, click 'Close Viewer' now also exits BI completely.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, Just updated to the latest version still black empty space is there no blue bar once a solo cam is selected, Sam from BI said it was maybe my setting and no one else has reported this issue.

@saltwater I know you reported something similar to mine are you still having that issue with the latest build which just got pushed out today ?

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, Just updated to the latest version still black empty space is there no blue bar once a solo cam is selected, Sam from BI said it was maybe my setting and no one else has reported this issue.

@saltwater I know you reported something similar to mine are you still having that issue with the latest build which just got pushed out today ?
Yes, I reported it yesterday. I can't re-check at the moment, will be home later tonight.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
[Version 5.5.5.3]
I have 5 layout groups plus the "All cameras" group. Four of my groups all have a black time-line bar at the bottom and only one has the blue time-line bar. The "All cameras" group has the blue bar.

When I double-click on the black time-line bar, the playback screen all show black screens, that is, no vision.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
[Version 5.5.5.3]
I have 5 layout groups plus the "All cameras" group. Four of my groups all have a black time-line bar at the bottom and only one has the blue time-line bar. The "All cameras" group has the blue bar.

When I double-click on the black time-line bar, the playback screen all show black screens, that is, no vision.
Solid blue bar indicates a cam with continuous recording. Not sure if some of your groups are just motion detect only. I am not seeing this on mine as well as the clicking the X on viewer deal.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Solid blue bar indicates a cam with continuous recording. Not sure if some of your groups are just motion detect only. I am not seeing this on mine as well as the clicking the X on viewer deal.
I am having similar issue and all my cams are doing continuous recording. yet I am not seeing bluebar when I click on individual cam. I can confirm recording is there but blue bar is missing. I am talking to Ken now via email on this. Hopefully BI team will get this resolved soon :)

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, I have continuous recording on all cameras, and they are recording as I can access them from my "All Cameras" group but not from my created groups bar one.

Last edited: