4.3.5 - May 5, 2016

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
  • There's a new "magic" button on all Schedule windows. This button will cycle through some common schedule layouts as you click it. These are the common work week scenarios of 8am-6pm, either inactive during business hours, or two separate profiles.
  • Profiles 1 and 2 now have specific default names of "Active" and "Work hours" to demonstrate common usage.
  • A new Status property page "Clip storage" has been added which attempts to help users to visualize their clip storage settings and status. It's often an enigma for many as to the meaning of the numbers at the bottom of the main window and in the Status/Messages log, especially when clip storage has been over-allocated and the text appears in red with !! before it. These numbers are also commonly confused with "disc free space." Hopefully this new page will shed some light onto this very important software concept and the equations used to determine adequate free space on your drives. The goal is to maintain some green on the graph, representing unallocated free space (room on the drive over and above what you've asked Blue Iris to use).

ruddj

n3wb
Reaction score
I just want to comment that first time I viewed the Clip Storage tab, graphs made no sense. After clicking the Repair DB button the graphs appeared correctly but I had lost all the alerts.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really like the new clip storage graphs. I always wondered where the unallocated free space went but now it's very clear.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hardware acceleration when running as a service still doesn't work on Windows 7 x64. Anyone has more details on this?

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is likely never going to work, technet

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
More technically, would it be related with SDK/resources provided by Intel? It works for Windows 10 and not for our vastly reliable and beloved setups of Windows 7.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would be nice to hear directly from the developer whether running as a service under Win 7 w/HA is going to ever work. We have no idea if he is working on it or has given up on trying to make it work. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be nice to hear directly from the developer whether running as a service under Win 7 w/HA is going to ever work. We have no idea if he is working on it or has given up on trying to make it work. Does anyone have a definitive answer?
Email support....