4.2.6 - November 23, 2015

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.2.6 - November 23, 2015

• The audio "back channel" is now supported for ONVIF/RTSP cameras which offer this functionality. This means that it's now possible to speak/send audio to these cameras using the Mic icon and client apps without further camera-specific custom support. You will find a new checkbox on the Network IP camera configuration window from the Video tab in camera properties. Only PCM-U law format is currently implemented for this however.
  • When the Mic icon is held down, live audio is muted in order to prevent feedback and to better facilitate 2-way communication.
  • For cameras which support internal motion detection and event "pull point subscription" using ONVIF calls, this may now be used to trigger Blue Iris. After using the Find/Inspect button to get the Events interface and Pull Point capability, set the "trigger using camera's digital input or motion" checkbox on the Motion/Trigger tab.
  • The right-click PTZ/control > DIO menu may now be used for cameras that support ONVIF and whose digital outputs or relays and have been setup via the Find/Inspect button. The menu will enumerate each output by token name and mode, either "bistable" (toggle) or "monostable" (auto-reset).
  • It's now possible to set camera digital output (as opposed to global DIO) upon trigger with a new checkbox on the camera properties DIO page. "Bistable" outputs will automatically be set and reset according to trigger status. "Monostable" outputs will be set by the software, and then reset by the camera based on a time delay you configure within the camera interface directly.
  • Finally! The option on the camera properties Watchdog page has been implemented to interpret a monochrome image as a loss of signal. For cameras which inexplicably go to a green or gray signal, this option will cause the stream to be reset.
  • Duplicate camera windows will now automatically share audio streams as well. Do not use the option the option to pull audio from "Another camera" as this will confuse the issue, as it's not always known which of the windows is the "parent" window.
  • If you were previously relying on the "Non-LAN only" authentication option on Options/Web server for admin access, you will find this provides Anonymous access only. You can restore the previous behavior by adding to the "Limit IP" box the entry ^192.168.*.* or ^10.*.*.* depending on your LAN IP addresses.
  • A fix/workaround for cameras supplying RTSP/MJPEG and not properly terminating each frame.
  • A fix for the parsing of stream paths that affected some Axis cameras in version 4.2.5.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

• For cameras which support internal motion detection and event "pull point subscription" using ONVIF calls, this may now be used to trigger Blue Iris. After using the Find/Inspect button to get the Events interface and Pull Point capability, set the "trigger using camera's digital input or motion" checkbox on the Motion/Trigger tab.
Which cameras are those?

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For Hikvision, does it require alarm outputs ?
If not, are all motion detection algorithms supported (Line crossing, intrusion detection, ...)

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, it does not seem to work with Hikvision DS-2032-I.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For Hikvision, does it require alarm outputs ?
If not, are all motion detection algorithms supported (Line crossing, intrusion detection, ...)
It should not...(hikvision with alarm output already works with blue iris)...but pull point doesnt seem to be working even though the software detects that the camera supports it..someone will have to email ken to see what is going on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.2.6.3 will have hikvision support...I gave Ken access to my camera.
Also, hardware acceleration should be here by the end of December...may even be optimized for intel..

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
4.2.6.3 will have hikvision support...I gave Ken access to my camera.
Also, hardware acceleration should be here by the end of December...may even be optimized for intel..
That's awesome. Thanks for helping.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hardware acceleration optimized for intel? That sounds really promising! Free upgrade for most of us!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can confirm that in camera motion detection is working on hikvision in 4.2.6.3
I gave Ken access this afternoon...it is amazing how fast he addresses requests.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I can confirm that in camera motion detection is working on hikvision in 4.2.6.3
I gave Ken access this afternoon...it is amazing how fast he addresses requests.
And also amazing he doesn't have a Hikvision camera. ??!!

Audioadam

n3wb
Reaction score
Dropcam won't work with anything but googles servers...

Dear Google: Yes please let me stream a video from my family room and nursery to your servers at all times... Maybe I will access them once in a while...

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dropcam won't work with anything but googles servers...

Dear Google: Yes please let me stream a video from my family room and nursery to your servers at all times... Maybe I will access them once in a while...

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somebody actually bought a Dropcam?