fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.2.2 - October 19, 2015

• Further refinement of both motion and object detection algorithms.
  • New motion default values consist of higher contrast, shadow cancellation, and the object movement filter is enabled with 100 pixels.
  • When using the highlight motion object rectangle feature, green is now used unless the object is in a triggered state, in which case it will be red.
  • You may now run pre-recorded video through the motion detector for test purposes. Open a BVR file in the viewer, then right-click to find this on the menu. Settings will be used from the camera on which the clip was recorded, along with the active global profile number setting. You should start playback at least several seconds before, but optimally up to 250 frames before the point of interest in the video. The highlight motion and object setting is automatically used--however the video itself should be recorded WITHOUT this enabled, and optimally "direct to disc" so that the exact same video is going through the test as it would "live." Currently forward playback at varying speed is possible, but step and slider operation will reset the motion detection.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You may now run pre-recorded video through the motion detector for test purposes.
Sweet! I asked for this saturday night.

Hopefully it will let me eliminate these pesky false alarms that I haven't been able to nail down.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet! I asked for this saturday night.

Hopefully it will let me eliminate these pesky false alarms that I haven't been able to nail down.
Not quite. It kind of sort of works, and I sent Ken more feedback about it.

Last edited:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agreed. It has huge potential to be incredibly handy though! Great suggestion.

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any word on hardware acceleration in this version?

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, hopefully work on hardware acceleration is continuing behind the scenes and will show up soon.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I moved Stored folder on NAS and DB folder on local SSD, regenerated DB and all alerts were lost, is it normal? :(

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You mean the alerts in the alert folder?
Oh I get it now, alerts from motion detection are stored in the database, not in the Alerts folder, so when I changed location of DB and not moved those files in its folder, I lost it all.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not to get OT, but along the same lines, I've been reading about 'region of interest' in another NVR suite. It lets users define a 'hotspot' (or multiples) on specific regions of a recorded clip, and then the NVR filters all other recordings out so that only those triggers that occurred within the hotspot shows.

For example, if a spider is dangling all night 2" from the left edge of the screen, and you want to review the night's activity, you're forced to watch that spider do his thing for every frame of the night. But with the region of interest, you highlight everything EXCEPT the spider's location, and your list of clips is trimmed down to movement of everything else. Seems like a no brainer. This tweaking with recordings looks to be a step in the right direction, but man would I love that feature.

Here's a write-up of how it works on a competing NVR suite (no worries, I would never leave BI!):

http://jimcosoftware.com/index.php/reviews/surveillance-software/luxriot-vms

Search for "Region of Motion Interest"

Remember earlier when I said that you may often find motion of branches blowing in the wind or other unwanted events will trigger recording? There's another amazing feature in Luxriot VMS called Region of Motion Interest that can help you take care of that problem. You can isolate a portion of a camera's recorded feed and Luxriot will only pay attention to motion within that area. (I emphasize "recorded" here so that you will realize that you actually define the region of motion interest in the recorded video, not in live view.) The area that you highlight doesn't have to be contiguous either. In the screenshot below, I have shaded an area at the bottom of the screen and then I have cleared a small area where there's a bush that was triggering motion. After I define the area that I'm interested in, I can use my Ctrl+M and Ctrl+P keyboard commands and Luxriot VMS will ignore motion everywhere except the area of interest that I've defined.

Region of Motion Interest
You can also see the Region of Motion Interest toolbar in the screenshot above. Using this toolbar, I can easily add to the region, remove areas from the region, clear the region or turn off Region of Motion Interest mode. If I turn off Region of Interest mode, Luxriot will trigger on motion in any non-excluded area. (Non-excluded areas are areas that weren't originally excluded when I set up my camera.) However, I can easily switch right back into Region of Motion Interest mode by re-enabling it on the toolbar, and when I do, my previously defined region is still there. The Region of Motion Interest mode is one of the key features for me that sets Luxriot VMS apart from the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any chance the future updates will add the ability to use the events schedule along with local lat/longitude for day/night schedules instead of using the method in the thread showing how to use it with curl?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance the future updates will add the ability to use the events schedule along with local lat/longitude for day/night schedules instead of using the method in the thread showing how to use it with curl?
The curl method is only needed if you want to change image settings in the camera itself...that will likely never be an option in blue iris. If hikvision would allow distinct day and night settings even when using auto switch or manual switch mode that will work. Currently they only allow independent settings in scheduled switch mode.
Blue iris can automatically change the camera from day to night mode.

kevkmartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not use scheduled switch on the HikVision, but set the times to later than sunrise and later than sunset. Set the day and night params on the camera. Then ALSO have BI change day / night modes at actual sunrise and sunset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk