4.0.0.11 has been released.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let us all know if it's O.K. to download and use.:D
I'm on .06 with just a hiccup here and there. Am waiting till I see everyone praising BI to how awesome 4....1000 is.:laugh:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Let us all know if it's O.K. to download and use.:D
I'm on .06 with just a hiccup here and there. Am waiting till I see everyone praising BI to how awesome 4....1000 is.:laugh:
Don't do it! .10 and .11 are big steps backwards. In fact, I'd chew off my own right arm to be able to get back to .06. Hey, come to think of it, can you search your system for "update64.exe"? That should be the latest update you applied (presumably .06). I'd LOVE to get that from you so I can go back to using V4 w/o all the crashes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't do it! .10 and .11 are big steps backwards. In fact, I'd chew off my own right arm to be able to get back to .06. Hey, come to think of it, can you search your system for "update64.exe"? That should be the latest update you applied (presumably .06). I'd LOVE to get that from you so I can go back to using V4 w/o all the crashes.
A gift for you :) http://www.filedropper.com/update6406
I found it in my download folder...on my test laptop...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
A gift for you :) http://www.filedropper.com/update6406
I found it in my download folder...on my test laptop...

I suppose I should start chewing on my right arm now :) Thanks a bunch. I shut down the service, ran your update, restarted the service, and tried to open a clip. It crashed immediately. I rebooted, and tried again - it crashed again. I then shut down the service, deleted the entire c:\blueiris\ folder, and restarted the service. Works 100%. I can even view them via the android app and on my browser.

This is the sweet-spot for me. No more automatic updates for me. Thanks @fenderman

Last edited by a moderator:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I spoke too soon. Looks like that really didn't work either. Getting nearly constant crashes and resets. I've thrown in the towel. 4.0 is out, 3.66 is back on again. I'll keep checking back every so often to see when it's fixed. If Ken gets something to me that seems unique, I'll chime in as well. Good luck to everyone.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running mine as administrator. Plus I had to rebuild the video data base. After that I have had zero issues. That might help.:sad2:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Been running as admin from .0.5. And have not only rebuilt the database, but actually deleted it and had it go from scratch. No dice. I'm sure by the time it gets to 4.0.1 we should be ok. I'll just keep checking back till I see a bunch more "I have zero issues" posts...

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm going to wait it out from this point! Wish that would of helped!

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.0.0.11 fixed my issue where I could not start Blue Iris after the PC rebooted. I'm running the 64bit version on a WIndows 8.1 PC. It runs 24/7/365 and also doubles as my TiVo Desktop/KMTTG PC. SInce it fixed the issue I went ahead and purchased it today with the half price discount. I've been using version 3 since last year and so far I like what I see with version 4. I'm currently monitoring twelve cameras from Blue Iris with eight of them over wireless. Blue Iris 3 has been rock solid so I hope version 4 will work well too.

Last edited by a moderator: