3.64 available for update

Reaction score
This version features several major changes including a new calendar control for the clip view and camera focus/filter control beneath the cameras window. *There are also several other features and bugs fixes.
The post 3.64 available for update appeared first on Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are some really nice new features that the update bot glanced over..here is the detailed list.

• A calendar date selection tool has been added in place of the previous timeline tool in the clips list. This comes in advance of a new and much more powerful timeline view and enhanced clip viewer for which the calendar was initially designed. The calendar allows you to select a specific date of interest similar to the way this is now done on the iOS and Android client apps.
  • The "selected camera" filter button has been moved from the Clips view to the bottom of the cameras window beneath the group selection box. Now, in addition to filtering clips by camera selection, this feature will also bring the selection camera into full-size focus and hide other cameras. When in this view, you can use the new camera arrow buttons or arrow keys on the keyboard to move between cameras. Use the new "tiled cameras" button or the Esc key on the keyboard to return to the full group view. This functionality exists for camera frame windows as well.
  • A new Area of Interest (AOI) setting is available on the camera Video tab to define a source video frame to use within the full frame. This allows you to avoid "private" areas in the frame, and when used in conjunction with multiple cameras pulling from the same source, you may effectively split one camera source into several.
  • Cloned or dependent cameras (IP cameras pulling from the same source) now distribute the video in such a way that each camera may have its own resolution setting including, anamorphic and area of interest. It's now possible also to have one set for direct to disc apart from the others.
  • A "user limit" values has been added to the Options/Web server page to limit the number of users which may log into the web server simultaneously.
  • You may now select to attach up to 10 post-trigger images to an email alert.
  • A potential vulnerability has been corrected which may have resulted in a crash if a camera were reset, disabled or deleted while it was a member of a group of cameras actively being viewed by browser or client app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup... FYI, I asked Ken to implement a full screen on motion feature.. And/or a camera split on motion were the motion camera is large and the rest are still there but smaller... He said he has plans for it...

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have double click on camera to open desktop window. When it opens the window, it is hidden behind the BI main window. Not sure if there is a new setting for keep the desktop window on top or not. Kind of annoying when you double click to see a cam better then it is behind the other window. :-(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you explain the issue..i dont seem to understand...

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It goes behind the main screen. It flashes quick in the foreground then goes to the background.

You can see it behind the main window on the right side. I could move it to another location.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
looks like that camera is set to show on desktop...right click on it and uncheck that...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I just updated to 3.64.00 and seem to have lost the ability to view clips on the right hand side of the window by selected camera. Clips for ALL cameras are now displayed, although there are still options to view alerts on all cameras or flagged clips on all cameras. I generally view my front and back door cameras and scroll through the alerts to see who has visited while I'm gone. They don't have near the false alerts that my driveway cameras have so it WAS quick and easy to sort through. The camera button on the top of the clips listing (used to be near the alerts and flagged buttons) isn't there anymore. Did it move or was it temporarily removed while redoing the clips function a bit?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Its been moved to center of the bottom bar to the right of the ptz controls

• The "selected camera" filter button has been moved from the Clips view to the bottom of the cameras window beneath the group selection box. Now, in addition to filtering clips by camera selection, this feature will also bring the selection camera into full-size focus and hide other cameras. When in this view, you can use the new camera arrow buttons or arrow keys on the keyboard to move between cameras. Use the new "tiled cameras" button or the Esc key on the keyboard to return to the full group view. This functionality exists for camera frame windows as well.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You must right click on "a camera" and select "Show PTZ Controls", then that little "clip-view-button" shows up on the bottom. You must select PTZ Controls even if you don't have a PTZ camera. Not a "one-click-button" like it use to be when it was on top.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You must right click on "a camera" and select "Show PTZ Controls", then that little "clip-view-button" shows up on the bottom. You must select PTZ Controls even if you don't have a PTZ camera. Not a "one-click-button" like it use to be when it was on top.
Great point.....Blue iris does remember the selection though so once its select it will stay that way..but its a pain if you like to switch back and forth....hopefully the timeline function that this change was implemented for will make things better..

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks folks. I hate asking stupid little questions like that but it was bugging me right after the upgrade and I only seem to be able to sit uninterrupted at the computer for a few minutes at a time lately.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks like that camera is set to show on desktop...right click on it and uncheck that...
It is not set to show on desktop. If I double click the camera it use to show a larger window for that camera in the foreground. Now it flashes in the foreground and then goes to the background as seen in the snapshot above.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try 3.64.01...otherwise i have no idea...email support..

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really liked the way the old timeline was implemented. Is something similar gong to make a comeback soon or is this calendar the way it will be? I am not liking this change at this point in time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Doubt it will change..he said its done for a future true timeline...which should be nice..