2.0.7 memory leak issue?

Reaction score
Hello,

I believe I am experiencing a memory leak with the latest versions of CodeProject.AI and Blueiris. I can provide my logs but I'm getting consistent crashes of the applications and as shown in my screenshot below I'm constantly starting new python applications.
I went ahead and created a post in the form on code projects page but figured I'd share it here as well if anyone has any tips on this issue.

1675165664581.png

1675165648814.png

1675165628377.png

Attachments

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I believe I am experiencing a memory leak with the latest versions of CodeProject.AI and Blueiris. I can provide my logs but I'm getting consistent crashes of the applications and as shown in my screenshot below I'm constantly starting new python applications.
I went ahead and created a post in the form on code projects page but figured I'd share it here as well if anyone has any tips on this issue.

View attachment 152572

View attachment 152571

View attachment 152570
I had the same problem as you. Mine would be fine at first start, but not too much later I would find BI saying Ai not responding errors. I could get it back running smoothly only to find it crashing BI, lockups, etc. It was due to lack of free memory I found out. It would go from 55% free at BI startup to 99%+. I had to go back to the version before this one.

Dixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Similar issues, and Ive nuked the whole CodeProject install. Uninstalled it, cleared directories, and reinstalled it clean. Still same thing. I keep having it basically crash my entire computer every 8-12hrs, cant even remote into it and have to go to the box which isnt entire accessible easily to hard boot it. Each time I come to the box there is no video or anything, so machine definitely crashed or froze.

HarleyCan

n3wb
Reaction score
Similar issues here. I have Blue Iris v5 on two machines - both in the last month with operating systems reinstalled. Windows 10 on one and Windows 11 on the other. The windows 11 machines seems fine. The Windows 10 machine kept crashing out the last couple of days immediately after upgrading to AI 2.0.7. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall 2.0.6 - the services wouldn't start. So I ended up restoring an image of the system from the weekend and all back to normal. I will hold back on the 2.0.7 version till this issue is acknowledged and resolved. Unfortunately I didn't save the log files - I needed it up and running immediately and didn't think about debugging...
Thanks guys.

Last edited:

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What happens if you only run CP.AI manually (don't let BI start/stop it) - might be worth trying the below settings, do a full reboot and only manually start the CP.AI service.

1675340116388.png

Dixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far Im seeing somewhat better performance now, its not memory leaking like it was before. Only change Ive made so far was to stop using the yolov5l default object detection and go back to using ipcam-general, and so far its not been using wicked memory on python and spawning off multiples like OP showed like I had too. Usually this wouldve crashed by now, so Im starting to think this yolov5 model using default object detection is the problem, i need more time with this to confirm that.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to power cycle my BI PC yesterday. The RAM usage went up to 15gb of my 16gb. Usually my PC sits at 2-6gb during use.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@CrazyAsYou Yeah this is what I have done and seen improvements.

@BORIStheBLADE Same I have 32 GB available and it was grabbing it all.....
From what I could tell from your screen shot you didn't have a memory leak (a memory leak is where a program continues to consume more and more memory in the same process as it's not freeing up memory it no longer needs) – It looks like the problem you have is CP.AI getting spawned multiple times. I assumed this might be because BI is timing out accessing CP.AI and assuming that CP.AI is not started it then attempts to start it again and spawns another. By telling BI not try starting/stopping CP.AI and you only manually starting it once (the service) you should only see one instance of Python in task manager. Although you still need to investigate why BI might be timing out. Can you share some of your BI logs so we can review if the above is true?

Tusabrat

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a quick add to say that I've also had issues - had to turn off AI today as python has been running at 100% CPU. Not sure exactly when it started as I only use this to monitor my cats, but I did install the latest version of CP during the week. I've disabled AI in BI and am now back at 3% CPU.

Jacbrooks

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a quick add to say that I've also had issues - had to turn off AI today as python has been running at 100% CPU. Not sure exactly when it started as I only use this to monitor my cats, but I did install the latest version of CP during the week. I've disabled AI in BI and am now back at 3% CPU.
I had the issue with the update. My CPU was maxed at 100%.