180 degree camera recommendations

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've decided to get a 180 degree camera to see how it performs in front of my house and I'm looking for recommendations. I'd like to stick with Dahua brand if possible.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a fair bit of experience with the N68BR4V and some competitors like the Hikvision and Bosch in similar generation.

In my testing I've found that on these 6MP generation of 180/360 single imager cameras, the image quality when digital zoomed is practically unaffected by turning down the resolution to in the 1MP range (down from 6MP). Which makes me suspect that going to a 12MP camera might show no improvement over a 6MP, though there are explanations for my test result that wouldn't rule out a 12MP advantage.

I haven't really played with the multi-imager cameras.

One of the really key factors with a 180/360/fisheye camera is, how are you going to dewarp the image if you record the full fisheye view? Although if you are mounting on a wall, it is possible to view the footage without dewarping because up generally stays "up" throughout the view. And if you can't dewarp it with your viewing software, then you might have to resort to using multiple streams and internal camera dewarping, which makes the camera's dewarping features key to success.