10 Dahua SD59225U-HNI PTZ Cams BI Setup Issues

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 10 SD59225U-HNI PTZ Cams installed on one of my buildings and currently using SmartPss. I had difficulties seting up BI in the beggining but would like to try again.

The issues I was experiencing was the following.

1. What Dahua PTZ Camera model in the BI setup should I use that allows audio/talk?

2. Cameras need to be viewed in real time with no video chop or extremely low fps settings. SmartPss works perfect for viewing all 10 cameras in MainStream so I assume there must be some settup issue with BI?

3. BI triggers for IVS? was informed this works and BI can create a trigger event from Dahua IVS alerts.

Further info:
I started out with BI trying to get it setup. Spent the extra money for support twice. Went through all the typical troubleshooting steps listed and more steps from additional emails. I have brand new dedicated servers, switches, and fiber lan and wan. CPU utilization never goes above 10 percent and SmartPss works pefect with exception of not playing sounds triggered from alerts.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you haven't be sure to study the Wiki and the Cliff Notes.

1-in BI, enter the IP address for a camera, and the user name and password that you set to that camera. Press Find/Inspect button.
This may not result in you being able to talk to the camera, but it will get you started, Baby Steps.

2-You can change the BI console display framerate it's default is set to 5fps...see the help file.

3-Yes it can.

You don't need more than 15fps in most situations. That would be set in each camera.

What exact servers are you using? Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 using the MS Media Creation tool?
Did you exclude all BI folders from any antivirus on the machine, including Windows Defender?
Turn off windows auto defrag on drives that are recording video.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you haven't be sure to study the Wiki and the Cliff Notes.

1-in BI, enter the IP address for a camera, and the user name and password that you set to that camera. Press Find/Inspect button.
This may not result in you being able to talk to the camera, but it will get you started, Baby Steps.

2-You can change the BI console display framerate it's default is set to 5fps...see the help file.

3-Yes it can.

You don't need more than 15fps in most situations. That would be set in each camera.

What exact servers are you using? Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 using the MS Media Creation tool?
Did you exclude all BI folders from any antivirus on the machine, including Windows Defender?
Turn off windows auto defrag on drives that are recording video.
Thanks Loooney,

Wiki/Cliff Notes:
Yes, I did review the wiki and cliff notes some time ago.

BI Camera setup/auto inspect:
I have not tried BI using the latest version. Prior, I used the auto inspect feature and they presented as a generic camera. Talk did not work which is a must. Then I found a Dahua ptz cam listed in the drop down that allowed talk, however the live viewing and application performance was very slow but cpu and memory were all below 10%.

Video settings/Frame rates,
I will play with frame rates and compression again to see if this will help. I also went through all of the BI recommended/troubleshooting wiki prior version.

IVS:
Im glad IVS works with BI. I was never able to get it to work or trigger BI Events.

Server/Software
Im running a SuperServer 7088B-TR4F with 24 core (Intel Xeon), 24tb memory. Im running Windows Server 2016. I have VM's setup for every version of Windows that has existed. So I can run whichever OS is suitable for BI, 200tb NAS, Fiber network. All cameras have Ethernet to fiber transciever modules.

Virus Applications:
Not using windows defender and I have tried BI outside of any virus application. All apps I use have to be configured for enterprise virus applications. My NAS is running raid, so all optimization/housekeeping is scheduled such as defrag, etc...

I will give it a shot.
Thanks again
R