0x000007b Application Error

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got this error and installed the vcredist_64 file to fix it. I had to reinstall my operating system to do this though. Originally the first time I installed it I had to do the same thing power went out and when I booted the machine up I got the same error but reinstalling the vcredist_64 file didn't work without reinstalling the entire OS. I am putting this machine in production and would like to know what I can do to fix it without reinstalling the OS from scratch. Any ideas are welcome.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got this error and installed the vcredist_64 file to fix it. I had to reinstall my operating system to do this though. Originally the first time I installed it I had to do the same thing power went out and when I booted the machine up I got the same error but reinstalling the vcredist_64 file didn't work without reinstalling the entire OS. I am putting this machine in production and would like to know what I can do to fix it without reinstalling the OS from scratch. Any ideas are welcome.
First you dont need to reinstall the OS for the fix. Second a reboot would not cause the error. You are doing something wrong.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First you dont need to reinstall the OS for the fix. Second a reboot would not cause the error. You are doing something wrong.
It wasn't a graceful reboot the power went completely out and when the pc booted back up it gave me that error. I had the system running for about 2 weeks no issues or changes. I tried uninstalling just the software and then reinstalling and running the fix. I didn't try uninstalling the fix then reinstalling it. If it should happen again I'll do some more investigating. Again I hadn't touched the pc until booting it back up after the power outage. I think that's what did it but not 100% on that.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The really good thing about all of this is I used this as a disaster recovery exercise since I have the machine in a run and observe phase of the install. Made restore points after installing everything this time and clearly labeled them in my maintenance log for the machine.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It wasn't a graceful reboot the power went completely out and when the pc booted back up it gave me that error. I had the system running for about 2 weeks no issues or changes. I tried uninstalling just the software and then reinstalling and running the fix. I didn't try uninstalling the fix then reinstalling it. If it should happen again I'll do some more investigating. Again I hadn't touched the pc until booting it back up after the power outage. I think that's what did it but not 100% on that.
You might want to invest in a good UPS:
Good price on APC UPS - Pure Sine Wave

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its on one now.APC UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector with AVR, 1500VA, APC Back-UPS Pro (BX1500M)