Sure glad I have a basement !

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is an extremely well mounted security cam. Mine would likely not survive this.
Great video thanks for sharing. This one always comes to mind because it reinforces the phrase (Calm before the storm)!

One minute everything is just calm, peaceful, and boring. Next, the entire world is upside down and there’s nothing but utter terror.

In the first clip this guy is probably one of the luckiest people to survive. Later all I got to say is hire the guys / companies that installed the video security system.

This is why the system must be on a dedicated UPS!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
This is also one of those ridiculous events where people should have died but didn’t. Seeing tracker trailers sucked, lifted up, and thrown around like a kite.

Giant beams going through walls like butter?!?

First time I saw the so called hurricane building codes my eyes just glazed over. Seeing hundreds of Simpson ties, anchor rods, windows, doors, and GDO.

If someone wants a very hardened door that isn’t mil spec just buy a hurricane rated fixture!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
This is something right out of the movie Twister:

Probably the craziest thing I ever seen first hand was fish, frogs, and turtles raining out of the sky?!?

Had to clean my shorts after living through that! There were so many of these things all over the area they had to bring in plows and dozers just to sweep them away before guys with shovels dump them into bins.

Felt really bad for the turtles . . . ☹

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score