New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Googling "YAHPB-X38" leads me to the FCC's listing of submissions by Venture Global Limited. That first number is, of course, that remote button, but the appearance in their External Photos is very different from what's on Safeguard's website, which suggests that they sell this module to other resellers as well:

1715898058762.png

That's a good thing, as it raises the possibility that they could have sold the same internals to Reolink. My Reolink chime has one screw, but it didn't open easily, and I didn't want to pry and break my only working chime.

Another submission by Venture Global (YAHMA-600) is the remote chime unit that I just ordered from Safeguard/1800Doorbells:

1715898183286.png

1715898352743.png

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
. . . the appearance in their External Photos is very different from what's on Safeguard's website, which suggests that they sell this module to other resellers as well
. . . which means they could be interoperable with other companies' remote chimes. And I did see a submission by Reolink for a remote chime.

Reaction score
Good find! I just ordered a set directly from 1800Doorbells. In retrospect I should have ordered from amazon, but I saw the slightly lower price and forgot that the amazon price includes free ship and return.

Everyone cross your fingers!!!
Fingers crossed.. looking fwd for your findings! :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i hear ya! LOL we're complaining of spending 10 hrs in front of a PC... try that in front of a plow! :p
Might want to stand Behind the Plow and let the horses/mules/oxen stand in front, I ain't pulling no plow...lol

Or I guess you could sit On the Plow ;)
1716508551197.png

Quadari

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased the Reolink doorbell, with the hopes of having it trigger my mechanical doorbell. The 433MHz receiver that I got from AliExpress isn't working. :confused: I'm guessing, for the same reasons as have been stated here, given that my Chime has "v2" on it. (Frustratingly, I even looked on the Reolink website and under specs, it says that it is still using 43MHz. Reolink Video Doorbell WiFi | Smart Wired Doorbell with Chime | Reolink Official ).

I know much of the discussion here has been about pairing the Reolink with an additional wireless chime. But I need something different, which is a receiver that can then trigger my mechanical chime. Like this, but in a 900MHz version:
Is this something that could even exist? Through much searching, the closest I've seem to come up with is this:
Seems like that can receive 868MHz. Which is....maybe not close enough? I'm a good tinkerer, but definitely not enough of an electrical engineer to know.

There are also options like this, which are much more expensive, but might work?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I want to share what has happened twice to me now. This is with the WiFi version. Had some Electricians do some work for me as well as run some low voltage cable (Ethernet). While they were trying to get Ethernet to our Doorbell they cut power, had it off for several hours and left with the Doorbell disconnected from power, guessing 12+ hours, well when they were done I reinstalled the Doorbell to transformer power, the DB lost it's WiFi connection, I pulled it to the bench, had to reset it and setup WiFI network on the DB again. What I found in doing this is when the Client finally saw the DB after setting my Ethernet port on my laptop to DHCP and adding a new Device in the Client, the DB had an IP address of 192.168.0.3, so I set my laptop to the same subnet 192.168.0.5 and was able to connect to the DB and setup WiFi network. Also noticed upon the reset I had to turn on RTMP and RTSP which will turn on ONVIF for you.

So yesterday we came home to power out at our house, it came back on around 5pm, which we left around 11am (power was on, so figuring 5 to 6 hours without power. Well guess what, the DB once again lost its WiFi connection. I did the above again and got it back working...

Where the 192.168.0.3 address came from, who knows, maybe it is a default address that is not noted...

Hopefully this helps anyone having to resetup their DB...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased the Reolink doorbell, with the hopes of having it trigger my mechanical doorbell. The 433MHz receiver that I got from AliExpress isn't working. :confused: I'm guessing, for the same reasons as have been stated here, given that my Chime has "v2" on it. (Frustratingly, I even looked on the Reolink website and under specs, it says that it is still using 43MHz. Reolink Video Doorbell WiFi | Smart Wired Doorbell with Chime | Reolink Official ).

I know much of the discussion here has been about pairing the Reolink with an additional wireless chime. But I need something different, which is a receiver that can then trigger my mechanical chime. Like this, but in a 900MHz version:
Is this something that could even exist? Through much searching, the closest I've seem to come up with is this:
Seems like that can receive 868MHz. Which is....maybe not close enough? I'm a good tinkerer, but definitely not enough of an electrical engineer to know.

There are also options like this, which are much more expensive, but might work?
Hopefully cheaper solutions will become available...

mvoss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I want to share what has happened twice to me now. This is with the WiFi version. Had some Electricians do some work for me as well as run some low voltage cable (Ethernet). While they were trying to get Ethernet to our Doorbell they cut power, had it off for several hours and left with the Doorbell disconnected from power, guessing 12+ hours, well when they were done I reinstalled the Doorbell to transformer power, the DB lost it's WiFi connection, I pulled it to the bench, had to reset it and setup WiFI network on the DB again. What I found in doing this is when the Client finally saw the DB after setting my Ethernet port on my laptop to DHCP and adding a new Device in the Client, the DB had an IP address of 192.168.0.3, so I set my laptop to the same subnet 192.168.0.5 and was able to connect to the DB and setup WiFi network. Also noticed upon the reset I had to turn on RTMP and RTSP which will turn on ONVIF for you.

So yesterday we came home to power out at our house, it came back on around 5pm, which we left around 11am (power was on, so figuring 5 to 6 hours without power. Well guess what, the DB once again lost its WiFi connection. I did the above again and got it back working...

Where the 192.168.0.3 address came from, who knows, maybe it is a default address that is not noted...

Hopefully this helps anyone having to resetup their DB...
That's odd. I have the POE version but my son has the Wifif versions. We have had a lot of storms so he has lost power multiple times, lately, for hours at a time. So far the doorbell remembers it's address. His is setup w/ a static IP address.
David is yours DHCP or static?

Michael

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's odd. I have the POE version but my son has the Wifif versions. We have had a lot of storms so he has lost power multiple times, lately, for hours at a time. So far the doorbell remembers it's address. His is setup w/ a static IP address.
David is yours DHCP or static?

Michael
Well, I thought I had a Static set for the WiFi NIC like I do for the Wired NIC on this WiFi version DB, found the WiFi NIC set to DHCP and showing the correct IP/Subnet Mask, must of been me playing around with the DHCP Static Mappings at our other house, I remember looking at this section, just somehow missed that it said DHCP instead of Static, guess seeing the IP/Subnet Mask correct threw me off...THANK YOU...bet I am ready for the next Power Outage...actually since we have moved here last July we have only had one outage. Crazy that in the country we have better power than in the big city...

Fixed:
1716677269282.png

1716677378073.png
Wonder if I should leave the DHCP Mapping incase the DB goes South? Probably won't hurt anything...

So after thinking more about this, when power came back On those two times, my pfSense router was probably not fully up yet so the ReoLink Doorbell had nothing to connect to, well my AP that is was not yet talking to the pfSense router. So no DHCP server to assign an IP. But when I brought the DB to bench it still did not Auto connect, I had to reAdd it both times, even with the DHCP Static Mapping. I have had other WiFi devices do similar things like this. After several power cycling the device some, not all, would reconnect. Maybe I was just too impatient. I really Don't like WiFi networking...I am old School, Wired Rocks (Solid)!!!

Well I guess the only thing I got out of this is that 192.168.0.3 address which may be a default address for those who are wanting to do a setup without a router...

Thank You @mvoss

Last edited: