Odd behaviour on IPCAMTALK.COM

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Recently ipcamtalk.com has been displaying oddly. The first several entries are showing up with one letter on each line until the whole header is displayed. This happens on my android tablet, Firefox and Edge on Windows. It does not happen in chrome on windows. Anyone else seeing this?

1715641817421.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Recently ipcamtalk.com has been displaying oddly. The first several entries are showing up with one letter on each line until the whole header is displayed. This happens on my android tablet, Firefox and Edge on Windows. It does not happen in chrome on windows. Anyone else seeing this?

View attachment 194532
Saw a thread earlier about this. Ads seem to be causing it..do you have an Ad blocker?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see ads so do not think there is a blocker on. I did go into edge after reading your comment and set ipcamtalk to allow in popup screen. Noted that amcrest.com is on the allow list for popups. The talk to a salesman popup on amcrest.com is about an annoying piece of garbage so I took it off. Adding ipcamtalk did not help the situation.

GaryCAa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had this problem for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Seems to be tied to the adds for the first 5 or 6 posts, if there is an add then there is only room for 1 letter per line. I'm getting it with all browsers (including internet explorer). For a while it was only on the home tab. Going to the Whats new tab would sometimes bypass the problem. No add blocker in use here. Refreshing the page did not help.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have had this problem for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Seems to be tied to the adds for the first 5 or 6 posts, if there is an add then there is only room for 1 letter per line. I'm getting it with all browsers (including internet explorer). For a while it was only on the home tab. Going to the Whats new tab would sometimes bypass the problem. No add blocker in use here. Refreshing the page did not help.
The ads are probably the issue. I can see things normally until ads load. Firefox Focus on android cuts out ads by default and it shows ipcamtalk.com just fine. The ads that seem to cause it are wide ads that cannot be resized by the browser leaving only enough room for one letter like you mentioned.