The official "WTF" thread

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a hopped up Ford Galaxie 500. I outran the cops one night doing as the cop said
to my dad and me "I was doing 110 last time I looked down at the speedometer. He
was doing well well in excess of 140". I did get 2 tickets. One for improper equipment.
I had my lights off, it was night. And the biggie, reckless by speeding!
The fine? $5 for the improper and $20 for the reckless. I was grounded from driving for
30 days and that hurt!

The cars of today, put anything we had back then to shame, now with climate control
and 15 speaker stereo setups on a TV screen.

Reaction score
My brother had a Ford Galaxy and I loved it! He also had a Mach I (wasn't fond of it) and thought he could outrun the cops. Oh, he could, but he didn't realize he couldn't out run the radio. One night, a Lubbock PD car pulls up in front of our house and they arrested my brother. Dumb-ass. I haven't a clue as to how fast he was going. I do know that he spent a few days in Jail, as my dad refused to bail him out. Ha, ha, ha. A year and a half later, he really got into trouble with the law and some of his worthless friends. He was given the choice to go to jail or join the Army. Best decision he ever made in his life.

Last edited: