Review: Dahua 8MP / 4K 25x Starlight IR PTZ - PTZ5A4K-25X / SD5A825GA-HNR

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We usually do a simple setup with 1 home position.. 360 sec of tracking before returning to home if it loses tracking. Intrusion as apposed to tripwire or smd.

300 sec. not 360. but it depends.....

Last edited:

nightrider

n3wb
Reaction score
Normal h264/h265 encoders have A LOT of config options. Options which Dahua (HIK and other cctv cam mfc) hide from us - we have only very simple CBR/VBR/SmartVBR switch with simple frame rate/bandwith/quality options. Tons of encoder options are hidden from us and we don't known how Dahua change it from camera to camera or firmware to firmware. It looks that they optimised h265/h265+ very much on modern platforms..
Exactly!

Before I got into this world I ran a lot several multi-year projects integrating and developing pure software encoders / decoders with and without hardware acceleration, both in the frontend and the backend.
I'd love to have the ability to change encoding parameters and do other SoC optimizations but from the consumer end it's a hassle to even find the SoC / chip model.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One of the companies i work with installs the majority of the PTZ cameras I've helped install. I'm trying to talk him into intergrating a spotter camera. (i don't think we will)

We only use 1 home position and it works great, but unless something enters the HOME positions field of view it doesnt track. Obviously we have stationary cameras that cover everything and the quicker we get everything done the sooner he gets paid. The newer version of SMD 4.0 on our dahua oem cams seems to work really well.