New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if there is something ReoLink did to the newer DBs to stop third party Chimes

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you want to try any other firmwares I have I would be happy to post them...
Thanks. I may take you up on that when I have some free time. But at the moment I have some fires to put out, so I'm going to limp along with my one chime :banghead:, and maybe try one of those eBay chimes.

Swapping firmware on these doorbells takes forever!!!!!

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wonder if there is something ReoLink did to the newer DBs to stop third party Chimes
Uh oh. This Reddit thread suggests that the newer Reolink doorbells units are now using 900 MHz RF to connect to chimes, linking out to this Home Assistant thread with more details:
One would think that changing the RF carrier would result in a hardware revision number change, but not all companies do it right.

UniFi stubbornly insists on calling 5 different products by the same name, even though they can be vastly different creatures.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone have a solution to prevent people from using a paper clip to pop the doorbell off its bracket? Seems pretty easy to mess with the integrity of the doorbell itself; exposed network wiring, microSD card, weatherproofing, resetting the doorbell itself, etc.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a solution to prevent people from using a paper clip to pop the doorbell off its bracket? Seems pretty easy to mess with the integrity of the doorbell itself; exposed network wiring, microSD card, weatherproofing, resetting the doorbell itself, etc.
I haven't had that problem yet but I can see it coming and apparently you already have or are anticipating it.

With all the great shims made by 3D printer people I was hoping one would design and print something to guard the bottom area where the pin to unlatch the DB is inserted.

A stout screw inserted just below the DB to block that hole might work in a pinch but it could be unsightly and hard to do with brick or stucco behind/below the DB.

Prevention is the best, IMO but if it was a frequent issue I'd install a tiny micro-switch with lever and when the pin was inserted and the latch moved initiate some sort of alarm and send a Pushover alert, etc.

Reolink-doorbell_latch.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure why this DB does not come with security screws...My DB1 variant had 2, very small screws...

1714909833671.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, did not think about this, if someone removes the POE Doorbell they could potentially have access to your network, if it is not secure...

I understand this would be rare and could happen to any camera, just did not think about it...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Prevention is the best, IMO but if it was a frequent issue I'd install a tiny micro-switch with lever and when the pin was inserted and the latch moved initiate some sort of alarm and send a Pushover alert, etc.

View attachment 194048
I remember having a magnetic contact on our Alarm panel so when the panel door was opened, while the Alarm was Active, it would set off the Alarm system...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, did not think about this, if someone removes the POE Doorbell they could potentially have access to your network, if it is not secure...

I understand this would be rare and could happen to any camera, just did not think about it...
In that linked scenario the perp is there A LONG time.....in this case I think a tamper switch with remote and audible alarm would be in order.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
A reason to setup VLANs and isolate these doorbells from the mainframe

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We could always send 120volts to a wire at the bottom of the doorbell when they try to stick a paperclip up there ;) If we need to pull the DB we just turn Off power...

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just saw the posts about 3rd party chimes. I have successfully paired two of the below chimes from Amazon. Slight issue with one of them, it will not save the chime sound when I try to change it, keeps reverting back to the siren. My Reolink firmware is v3.0.0.2033_23041300, hardware DB_566128M5MP_W . (I didn't use the doorbell button that came with the Amazon kit)

chime.png

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score