Help with initialisation of empiretech cameras?

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used a spare monitor to do the initial setup. I have both cameras added and have figured out remote viewing.

But here’s something you might find hilarious, I’m not sure it’s actually storing the recording to the HD. If anyone has advice on how confirm this I’d appreciate it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you logged into the NVR web interface?
There is a search/playback function there

Have you set it to record?

You should watch some instructional videos.

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just stopping by to say Thanks. I still have some questions but I’m really impressed with the cameras and not.

I’m remote viewing via laptop and was wondering about the live view. It is delayed slightly and I was wondering if there’s a setting which I can get a live feed instead of a delayed by a few seconds.

The cams are crystal clear in both night and day vision. I can see why they come so highly recommended.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The nature of IP cameras are there will be a delay. It is why analog cameras are used for time sensitive needs like cameras on cars.

The delay of the IP camera is also impacted by the rest of your system.

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @wittaj

I encountered an error today that I’m not quite sure what to make of. The configuration page for each camera will not load. Sharpness , brightness and other tweaks to get the best picture settings is faulty. It will load the image settings, but not the actual picture. Is this common? If so how do I get around it?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You are accessing those directly on the camera and not through the NVR settings right?

Usually a browser/plugin issue

best to use IE, or at least Edge in IE mode to see and use all controls

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, these things are browser sensitive.

And as pointed out, make the changes in the camera GUI, not the NVR.